Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Startcraft II - What do you think about it?

What do you think about Starcraft 2?

Since the release of Starcraft II - Wings of Liberty from Blizzard Entertainment in 2010, fans all over the world have long awaited almost a decade to play the sequel to the original Starcraft game.  It is for sure that many people have written many blogs about the game, but the question still stands what do you think about Starcraft 2?

After having the game for almost 2 years, I have played the game  and I still can't put it down.  When it first came out, I installed it into my Apple laptop with the Intel Core Processor.  It worked like a charm in the Windows XP partition.  I played the game for almost an entire night in the campaign story mode.  I just could not stop playing it.  I have waited so long to play Starcraft II Wings of Liberty, since it was first announced more than nine years ago.

What I am quite fascinated about Starcraft 2 is that in the story mode there are lots of missions to play and learn how the tactics of the familiarized units which were known from Starcraft.  The way the building blocks are for the Terrans having changed a bit.  The fact that in the story mode you learn how to achieve or obtain these units through each mission, although most of the time you fight against the Zergs.  Regardless of how many times you fight against the Zergs.  They always seem to come back for more.

In honesty, because the game consisted of so many missions.  It took me almost the entire night to finish half of the story mode.  The last time I played Starcraft was about five years ago.  It's the only reason why I am so rusty and why it took me so long to complete only 50% of the game.  The best part of the game, aside from the story mode, is the new maps that are available to play in Battle net.  The majority of the maps are so different and the amounts of resources between the minerals and gas are limited compared to the first game.  But we all know that we will find a way to obtain unlimited amount of resources. 

Those are some of my thoughts on the game that I enjoyed so far.  In return I would like to read your thought on Blizzard's Starcraft 2.  So far this game exceeded my expectations and after reading that an expansion part is on the way, Starcraft II Heart of the Swarms.  It's release date is unknown so far.  Please feel free to post here with your comments and ideas about the game. 





1 comment:

  1. The teenagers of today spend a substantial amount of their time today playing games; be it online or on their consoles and PC through DVDs.  https://www.instagram.com/gnationglobal/?hl=en

    ReplyDelete